It is one of the building inspection services that we offer at Universal Engineering. According to Florida Statutes, Threshold Building is defined as any building which is greater than 3 stories or 50 feet in height or which has an assembly classification that exceeds 5,000 square feet in area and an occupant content of 500 people or greater. Florida Building Code 184.108.40.206 states “the enforcing agency shall require a special inspector to perform structural inspections on threshold buildings pursuant to a structural inspection plan prepared by the engineer or architect of record”. Our certified threshold inspectors have extensive experience with inspection of threshold buildings throughout South Florida.View some of past projects At Universal Engineering, our structural building inspector will inspect one or more of these elements: footing system, pile system, on ground and elevated slabs, walls, columns, piers, shoring elements, bracing elements, tie beams, structural steel, roof structure and attic. If there is any evidence of deterioration, movement, deformation, cracks, settlement or other problems, structural analysis will be conducted to assess the significance of such observations. We pursue the following inspection procedures as needed:
- Collect on-site data and information (the site inspection).
- Perform any necessary research and collect any necessary off site data and information.
- Conduct all necessary structural analysis and calculations.
- Recommend additional testing.
- Determine a repair approach.View our typical repair recommendations
- Prepare signed and sealed drawings for the building department.
- Perform cost analysis and provide cost estimation.
Our top priority is to constantly achieve integrity and excellence in customer satisfaction. We strive to utilize the company’scapabilities to maximize the following key benefits.
- A sound inspection procedures performed by certified and experienced professionals and supported by technical personnel
- Cost effective solutions on time and at budget.
- One stop shop experience from data collection, analysis, reporting, and permit package preparation to construction administration and/or general contracting.
- Prompt and effective staff accessibility.
- Effective foundation inspection services.
- Effective roof inspection services.
Contact us for a free consultation and an appointment